Basic membership to PWNTestPrep.com is free. This membership allows you to comment, track your quiz progress, and answer some members-only quizzes.
Math Guide Owner membership is for owners of the paperback edition of PWN the SAT: Math Guide. Details of the privileges for this membership level can be found here.
Math Guide Online (MGO) membership is available in 1-month and 3-month durations for a fee. These memberships can be purchased in the shop. These memberships do not auto-renew. If you would like to extend your membership beyond its initial term, you may purchase an additional 1-month or 3-month term.
You can cancel any membership at any time here.
On WordPress, users must be registered to comment. Your first comment needs to be manually approved—after that your comments will appear right away.
On Disqus, comments that come from unverified email addresses get stuck in moderation before they’re posted to the site. If you want your comments to appear instantly, either create an account with Disqus and verify your email address, or use an accepted social media account (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) to comment..
Use good judgement when you pick usernames and when you compose your comment. If I deem your post (or username) offensive, I’ll delete it, and I might ban you from commenting on this site again. This is a family site.
If I feel that you’re being abusive, trolling, or spamming, I will ban you. If you’re not sure that a comment is appropriate, don’t post it.
Billing on this site is handled securely by your choice of Paypal or Stripe. Your credit card information is not stored on the PWNTestPrep.com server. The server does retain your name, billing address, shipping address, and other order details. You can view Stripe’s terms and policies here and PayPal’s terms and policies here.
You can view the Sales Tax policies for the PWN Test Prep online store here.
Returns, Cancellations, Refunds
Orders of physical products (e.g., books) may be canceled at no charge before they are shipped. After items are shipped, they may be returned unused and undamaged for a refund within 15 days, but the customer must pay for return shipment. Refunds will be issued when returned book is received.
Orders of virtual products (e.g., access to the Math Guide Online) may be canceled for a full refund within 24 hours.
I respect your online privacy, and I’m committed to safeguarding it while you’re here at PWNTestPrep.com.
That’s why I’ve decided to include the following, which discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
You must provide an email address to create an account on this site. I occasionally email members things I think might be useful (e.g. links to important resources on the site). If you’d rather not receive these emails, each such email contains links to unsubscribe or to update preferences (e.g., keep receiving Daily PWN emails, but stop receiving Q&A updates).
I will never sell your email address to anyone else.
I also keep a simple log of which users log in and when. This log contains date, time, username, and IP address. It will be used to support the deletion of dormant accounts, see section on Data Retention below.
Web cookies (also known as HTTP cookies, or just cookies) are parcels of text that are sent by a server to a Web browser, and then sent back unchanged by the browser each time it accesses that server. In other words, a cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s computer that is tied to information about the user. WordPress, the engine on which this site is built, uses some cookies. For example, if you are a member of this site and you log in on a Monday, the server might use a cookie remember you when you come back on Tuesday so that you don’t have to log in again.
PWNTestPrep.com has in the past and might someday again use one other cookie, which is why you may see Google Advertisements for the PWN the SAT Math Guide more frequently for the days immediately following a visit to this site. This doesn’t give me any access to any information about you. The cookie is designed by Google Adwords.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. Please check your browser’s help section for instructions on how to do this.
I have no access to, or control of advertisers’ web cookies.
If you would like to be “forgotten” by PWNTestPrep.com’s server, email email@example.com with your request. Even if you do not make that request, much of your data will be forgotten over time, according to the following schedules.
- Quiz data: After 1 year, particulars of quiz results data are deleted, but score records remain.
- User accounts: After 3 years without a login, user accounts will be fully deleted. (This is a new policy in November 2019 and is only forward-looking—the first deletions will occur in November 2022.)
- Completed shop orders: After 2 years, personal data are removed from shop orders.
- Incomplete shop orders: After 30 days, pending, canceled, or failed orders are deleted.
Content you post publicly (e.g., Q&A posts, blog comments) will remain on the site indefinitely, even after your account is deleted.
Other Websites and Services
The following are the general rules for all contests run on pwnthesat.com. Posts containing contests may contain additional rules. If posts containing contests state rules that conflict with the rules below, the rules in the contest posts supersede these rules.
- In order to win any contest that requires commenting, you must not comment anonymously. I need to be able to get in touch with you in order to give you your prize.
- If you win a physical prize (like a Math Guide), and you live outside the US, you will have to pay for shipping via PayPal. You’ll still get the book for free.
- You cannot win the same prize more than once. So once you’ve won a Math Guide, please don’t try to win another one.
- I am the sole judge in any contest. If it’s a speed contest (where the winner is the first one to post the correct answer) then the prize will be awarded based on the timestamps in my email. Every comment comes through to me in an email.
- No answer changing. I use the emails I receive when you post comments to judge my contests. Edits applied to your comment later don’t count, even if the edit occurred before someone else won. Don’t post your comment until you’re sure of your answer.
- I sometimes like to share winning comments on social media like Twitter and Facebook. If you don’t want me to share your comment with my tiny legion of followers, don’t enter.
Webmaster Contact Information
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding PWNTestPrep.com policies, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.