The second edition of the Math Guide is now, at long last, available. To commemorate its release, I’ve got a pretty cool idea for a contest: We’re going to have a race to see whose high school PWNs the hardest.
Here’s the deal
The first high school that’s able to rally 25 students to fill out the form below wins, and ALL 25 of those entrants will receive a free copy of the book. Other schools that make respectable showings will get discount codes (see rules below). If you want to win, you’ll need to enlist your friends (or frenemies, or whatever).
You’re going to need your high school’s CEEB code (the same 6-digit code you need to register for the SAT—look it up here). I’m going to use CEEB codes to track how many entrants each school has.
UPDATE: WOW. That was fast. I was expecting this to go on for a few days but one school in California had 25 entries in under 1 hour! I seriously in my wildest dreams didn’t think this contest would be over so quickly. Thanks for your enthusiasm, guys!
I’ll be in touch with everybody soon about prizes. Watch your email.
Full contest rules
All the usual contest rules apply, but I need to add a few more.
- When the contest is over, I will announce it on this page. I will also be in touch with winners via email to coordinate shipping of the books.
- The contest ends when the first school hits 25 entrants. Since I can’t monitor this every second, the form will probably remain available for a while after the contest ends.
- If you’re the 26th person from the winning school, that stinks! If one of the winners doesn’t respond to my email after a week, though, then I’ll send you their book. Otherwise, you’ll get a 50% off discount code.
- You must provide a valid email address that you check regularly. If I email you to tell you that you won, and you don’t respond after 1 week, I’ll give your book to someone else.
- You cannot enter on your friends’ behalf. They’ve gotta do it themselves.
- Honorable mentions:
- If a school has between 5 and 9 entries (inclusive) when the winning school hits 25, entrants from that school will receive a discount code (valid for 2 weeks) to buy the book for 33% off.
- If a school has 10 or more entries when the winning school hits 25, entrants from that school will receive a discount code (valid for 2 weeks) to buy the book for 50% off.